Dev Engineer / Test Expert /... Permanent Contract, Full-time, Belgium,... Your role & work environment You will work as a DevEngineer in the Financial Messaging area with a passion for IT and a positive...
Dev Engineer / Test Expert / SWIFT
Permanent Contract, Full-time, Belgium, Brussels
Your role & work environment
You will work as a DevEngineer in the Financial Messaging area with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mind-set. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You will be part of the ING Wholesale Payment Tribe and the E2E IRM-SWIFT team covering, among others, the DevEngineering activities of the ING Global Competence Centre for Financial Messaging (SWIFT).
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop, test and deliver applications and/or infrastructure services in the scope of your squad.. When necessary, you will also contribute to applications maintenance, administering them and eventually decommissioning them.
As a DevEngineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
As a DevEngineer, you control both the design phase and the actual development and testing of applications /infrastructure services. You understand the entire stack, so that you can bring applications or infrastructure services into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the Ops Engineer. This means you can contribute to completion of all activities in the backlog. The following items are vital in this:
Contribute to the new way of working
•You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
•You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
•Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
•You have an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and you also have functional knowledge of the financial messaging (SWIFT) domain and processes as well as the underlying architectural model.
•You demonstrate deep understanding of IT concepts and have significant knowledge of the IT landscape and technologies for your domain (including SWIFT, AMH, ISO20022, MT and MX messaging).
•Experience in interfacing applications via MQ, TIBCO, XFB among other technologies is an advantage.
•You follow the market and know what is going on both inside and outside ING. From your understanding of the latest developments in the Business and Technology, you propose the right approach and testing strategy.
•You are able to get all typical and other backlog items (user stories) from 'to do' to 'done'.
•You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
•You design, build and test IT products(functional, performance, resilience and security tests) in line with the customer’s requirements and IT Area’ set of guidelines.
• You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control.
•You perform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning) for IT products under management.
Contribute to team and personal development
•You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
•As an experienced Dev Engineer, you coach less experienced colleagues to help their individual development.
•You are responsible for developing your own expertise.
•You gather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with atalent for taking it on and making ithappen, enthusiasm forhelping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a DevEngineer/ Text Expert / Financial Messaging you will also need:
• Minimum Bachelor degree
• Multiple years of experience in the financial messaging domain and demonstrates functional knowledge of SWIFT, payment and messaging domain (end to end); knowing how business processes utilize IT solutions
• Experience in testing of large scale message processing systems is an advantage
• Test automation knowledge is an advantage
• Proven 5 years of experience in setting up a test approach and ensure QA in a Continuous Delivery within large multinational banks for multi-year implementations and migrations, preferably related to SWIFT messaging
• Experience in interfacing applications via MQ, TIBCO, XFB among other technologies
• Proficiency in English both verbal and written
• Stakeholder management skills
• Ability to safeguard quality also under severe pressure in a constructive way
• Ability to challenge, influence or convince others through fact-based arguments
• Good communication skills (reach out to others, knowledge sharing, alignment and coaching of the team)
• Self-disciplined, proactive and organized, with ability to identify what needs to be done and looking beyond own domain
• Track record of working in high performing Agile teams and good understanding of Agile/DevOps practices
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
• Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
• An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
• A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
• Possibility to participate in courses and trainings
• Important role in new global implementations
• Contributing to challenging projects in an international environment
• Being important part of Financial Messaging Competence Centre
• Having global interaction with ING entities all over the world (Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia)
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Sélectionnez le secteur qui vous intéresse ci-dessous et n'oubliez pas votre adresse email!
Souhaitez-vous postuler en un clic et être averti(e) de nos dernières offres correspondant à vos critères ? Connectez vous en tant qu'étudiant!Inscription gratuite