Regulatory expertise, advise and support :
- Support the organization (tribes , squads and Customer Loyalty Team’s, Safe Business Control Officers etc…..) with the analysis, implementation and maintenance of cross bank regulations and translate policies into easy procedures or local “beleid”
- Give advice and form a professional judgement over complex cases, with escalation towards 2LOD or other content/Group experts where needed
- Improve skills and knowledge of employees by developing and ensuring communication and training
- Guide the organization through complex regulatory processes
Legal and tax operations:
- Execute complex expert operational tasks related to customer tax legislations. Owner of overarching US withholding processes. This can be broadened to other tax regimes.
- Coordinate, oversee and main entry point for contacts with regulators (audits, on sights, regulatory mailbox …). Ensure adequate documentation and repository of all contacts.
- Maintain and issue formal/regulatory documentation on ING Belgium
Regulatory contacts and reporting:
- Ensure reporting on ING Belgium towards regulatory bodies and/or tax authorities
- Control the data input delivered by different stakeholders and issue the consolidated end reports over ING Belgium. (FATCA and CRS customer reporting, QI withholding reporting, Bank Secrecy, Deposit Guarantee Scheme, Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crime…..)
- Gatekeeper of reports issued towards external regulatory bodies
- Support the organization with preparing contacts with external regulatory bodies
- Point of contact for stakeholders and similar ING Group functions
Control framework - Internal and external sign offs
- Coordinator of sign off processes related to cross bank regulations
- Measure and monitor the related risks and assess against the risk appetite and tolerance
- Execute E2E controls and quality reviews
- Perform reviews on sufficiency, efficiency & auditability of key controls
- Work closely together with Safe Business Officers and 2nd Line of Defence
We look for
A colleague who is passionate about regulations and eager to reach high compliance standards and preserve the licence to operate for the bank. Besides strong analytical skills you have the capacity to translate complexity into easy language. Strong social and coordination skills are key in supporting stakeholders with the interpretation, implementation and maintenance of regulations.
A colleague with talent for “take it on and make it happen”, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead.
You will also need to :
Be capable to build trusted relationships with stakeholders
Be able to start influence and convince peers
Be able to embrace challenges in a quickly changing, complex and uncertain environment
Be able to be persuasive, persistent and have a high stress tolerance to reach compliance within stringent and moving deadlines
Be pro-active and pragmatic, looking for easy solutions.
Be able to give concrete advice and to translate (written and oral) complexity into easy language for non-specialists
Be able to analyse & extract relevant and precise information from large quantities of information
Be able to understand the ING Belgium position with internal/external parties and regulators.
Support the (Specialist) Safe Business officers with difficult cases and the implementation of regulations on the field
Knowledge and complexity
Master level or equivalent by experience
Experience of 3 to 5 years in banking or regulatory affairs : Know Your Customer, (eg. Financial Economic Crime), fiscal transparency and reporting (eg bank secrecy, FATCA, Qualified Intermediary, Common Reporting Standard…. ), customer protection (eg. Deposit Guarantee, MIFID, EMIR) and data privacy legislation (eg. General Data Protection Regulation).
Knowledge of general and specific software applications
Excellent knowledge of English (working language as well oral as written)
Good knowledge of cross bank regulations
Good knowledge of general banking processes
Good knowledge of accountancy and taxation
Good knowledge of regulatory reporting
Good knowledge of risk policies
We offer you
Within the cross border Centre of Expertise Safe Business & Regulatory Affairs, you can count on a range of opportunities with:
a clear purpose, a unique offer:
• Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
• An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
• A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
• We give you the possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams and our knowledge sharing culture
• We give you the possibility to participate in courses and trainings
• We challenge the working environment resulting in a steep learning curve