Communication Expert / Sponsoring & Events
Full time, CDI, CSM
Are you looking for an exciting mission mixing your passion for football and sports with your strong expertise in sponsoring and brand activation ?
Do you want to contribute to the brand objectives using sponsorship as a key enabler for more impact ?
Are you able to take up the challenge of measuring all your actions and proving high impact ?
Are you also someone who …
- has a communicative personality and good relationship skills
- has an innate sense of organisation, structure and coordination
- is flexible and can adapt working methods and schedules
- is constructive, continually seeking solutions and results-focused
- has good negotiation skills, is assertive and diplomatic
- has the analytical skills needed to report with figures and propose a vision based on facts
- is creative and come up with new ideas
- is energized by challenges
And who …
- has a minimum of 10-years professional experience in sports sponsoring management. Must be able to demonstrate proven experience and results in this domain for another brand or key actor in the sector.
- has a strong experience in the use of digital media to amplify a sponsoring strategy.
- is interested in football, follows the news and is up-to-date about everything linked to our football national team, the Red Devils, and the other properties sponsored by ING.
- has already a strong network with key stakeholders in the Belgian football sponsoring community (right holders, brands, agencies, etc.).
- has a business / economic / marketing / communications university degree.
- knows about the agile methodology as a way of work.
- can demonstrate knowledge of and/or a clear interest in all the bank's business lines, can demonstrate knowledge of the banking sector and the challenges it faces.
- is available evenings and weekends and flexible in terms of hours
- enjoys travelling and has a full driving licence
- has perfect oral and written fluency in French or Dutch and an active knowledge of the other national language, as well as English.
- can use Outlook and standard Windows software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
… Then you are our new Sports Sponsoring Expert
Your role …
Working alongside other experts (advertising & branding, digital, direct marketing, marketeers, etc.), your primary mission is to translate the (sports) sponsoring strategy of ING into high quality activation campaigns. Your objective is to maximize the return on investment and the impact of the sponsoring plan. You generate the best impact on the brand likeability and brand consideration.
Hierarchically reports to Sponsoring, Events & Field Expert Lead
Define the sponsoring strategy in collaboration with several stakeholders internally, based on the sponsoring objectives and sponsoring pillar concerned :
- Contributes to the definition of the sponsoring portfolio (long term vision)
- Gathers all the expert information needed and develops knowledge
- Make recommendations in order to maximize impact and sales leads
- Negotiates the best possible sponsorship deals, formalizes work in contracts and reports
- Defines activation campaigns
- Evaluates impact of all plans, using benchmarks and aligned with the global brand objectives
Prepare concrete activation plans aligned with the global objectives :
- Shows a strong knowledge about other brands sponsoring plans, the sector, the trends
- Proactively identifies opportunities and propose solutions
- Is creative
- Defines for each campaign the potential risks and challenges, the milestones and implements the different steps
Manages the whole campaign process and adapts if needed :
- Gives briefing to all teams involved
- Defines the campaign timing and deliverables
- Informs all teams, takes the lead and maximizes return of campaign
- Plans all activities in the process, including meetings
- Guarantees the right process is respected
- Motivates all parties involved in the process (Communication Specialists, Customer Intelligence Analysts, ...)
- Mitigates and takes decisions/actions when needed to guarantee timing and quality of the deliverables
Measures the impact of the campaign during and at the end :
- Gathers all info needed to make an appropriate evaluation
- Takes decisions and adapts during campaign if needed
- Presents all results to stakeholders in a highly professional way
- Is accountable for the results of the campaign
- Uses figures and results to make recommendations for the future, takes care of the follow-up (debriefing) and evaluation of actions, by means of a plan that is qualitative (improvement of procedures, general effectiveness, brand image, etc.) and quantitative
Is identified as the key person within the company, in charge of this sponsoring domain :
- Develops continuous knowledge
- Fulfils an expert role, is appointed to answer specific questions in the domain
- Provides expert services and analyzes requests, makes recommendations according to brand values : easy, empathic, daring and trustworthy.
- Informs the whole organization about the campaigns launched
- Builds up a strong network of all stakeholders (internal, external, key persons, ambassadors, etc.)
Contributes to the construction of the sponsoring budget and is responsible for the budget follow up :
- Gives advice and recommendation to prepare the annual budget
- Manages continuously this budget and alerts in case of problem
- Ensures all efforts are made to optimize budget use
- Controls invoices, applies procurement and compliance guidelines and policies
Want to make a meaningful impact?
At ING our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We believe that sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to make a better future for themselves and those around them.
ING Belgium is a creative and dynamic environment where thousands of employees collaborate to offer a differentiating experience for Retail and Private Banking customers as well as individuals, freelancers, SMEs, large corporations, institutions and corporate clients.
As the first direct universal bank, we are a global financial institution with a strong European foundation, recognized as the Best Bank in Belgium and as an employer of choice for consecutive years.
If this is the environment you thrive in, then apply and join us in changing the future of banking!