Chapter Lead – Data... Permanent contract, full time,... Your role & work... You are an energetic engineer with a passion for BI and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a...
Chapter Lead – Data Management
Permanent contract, full time, Brussels
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic engineer with a passion for BI and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you. You love helping people to grow their mastery.
You will work in the Data Management Tribe that has as a goal to decouple the operational world from the reporting. As a Chapter Lead Data Lake, you will play a key role in the strategy to become one global bank.
Your key responsibilities
As Chapter Lead you hierarchically oversee a chapter of around 10 Engineers, implying the people management. This covers the recruiting of new talents, people administration, personal development and evaluation of your chapter members. You will inspire and encourage your chapter members to develop themselves, providing them coaching on both professionally as well as personally. This part could be part of your personal development as well, if not fully familiar with it at this point in time in your professional career..
The following items are vital in this:
Participate in the delivery of qualitative solutions conform business requirements and technical guidelines
• You challenge the input provided by the feature engineers
• You implement complex ETL processes and keep the ETL principles as a guide
• The aim for improvement is in your DNA
• You prepare and execute test cases
Collaborate to the engineering culture
• You have the mindset to “Automate yourself away”
• You gather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
• You take full ownership from development to the go live in production
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Data Lake Chapter Lead you will also need the following Skills and competences:
• Master or bachelor degree in Information Technology
• Minimum 5 years of experience in application analysis and development
• Experience in BI technologies and databases is a must
• Knowledge of the IBM Infosphere suite is a plus
• Experience in financial application development
• Automation skillset
• Knowledge of CDAAS
• An excellent knowledge of English
• To be well organized and structured to explore technical implementation possibilities based upon solution specifications
• To be team player, ready to interact with a team of experienced BI specialists and coach dev engineers
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
• Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
• An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
• A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Sélectionnez le secteur qui vous intéresse ci-dessous et n'oubliez pas votre adresse email!
Souhaitez-vous postuler en un clic et être averti(e) de nos dernières offres correspondant à vos critères ? Connectez vous en tant qu'étudiant!Inscription gratuite