Tech Infra Core Bank OPS Engineer
Full-time permanent contract, Brussels, Belgium
Your work environment
The Squad’s Core Bank
- Research, Design, Build new high-quality solutions, using state of the art technologies.
- Start a very important transformation program to migrate our current Physical Mainframe systems to Virtual systems into the ING Internal Private Cloud.
- Are responsible for ensuring all the data are secure and available, 24/7, across the entire organization.
- Are responsible for ensuring the sustainability, the availability, the stability, the reliability and the performance of the platform, 24/7, across the entire organization.
- Life Cycle Management of the MCP OS and “embedded components” (Data Engine, Compilers, Firmware, …), Level 2 and level 3 support.
- Are part of the Tribe which is responsible for the IT Infrastructure at ING Belgium.
Your key responsibilities within the Squad
- Drive continuous improvement by extending automation across the Core Bank delivery, Mainframe platform infrastructure and Mainframe operations practices
- Build up Core bank solutions, by means of qualitative code and smart programming
- Provide operations and infrastructure support to the software delivery teams
- Support our production deployment and disaster recovery capabilities
We are looking for
Colleagues with a talent for taking it on and making it happen , enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a drive for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person focusing on achieving team goals. You like to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
Your talents and mastery
As an Infra Core Bank OPS engineer, you have experience in:
- A platform engineering environment (Mainframe, VMware, Windows,…)
- Automation (Software development and scripting)
- Managing incidents, problems and continuously improving services
- Agile practices (such as Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, sprint, …) in a complex, very secure & challenging IT environment
And you show:
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Customer focus and good communication skills
- Talent for working as a team player within a self-organizing team
- Smart but professional to provide high quality deliverables.
On top of that, you bring experience in one or more of the technologies below:
- Libra 8390 technologies
- Virtual System (VMWARE / Windows)
- MCP, MCP Software Series
- Sightline / Viewpoint (Monitoring tool)
- DataExchange / AIS
- Middleware (messaging and file transfer)
DataBase & tooling
- DMSII, DBAtools,
- MSSQL servers
- ALGOL, COBOL, PYTHON
- Java, ASP.Net, .Net, C/C++, SQL, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Active Directory
- PowerShell scripting
Storage (Disk & SAN)
- Storage virtualization: Dell/EMC VPLEX, Recoverpoint
- Block Storage: Dell/EMC XtremIO, Dell/EMC Unity
- Mainframe storage: Dell/EMC VMAX
- Backup/restore: Home-made solution
- Brocade switches
- The 9000 series Nexus switches
- Firewall rules
We are looking for different knowledge levels, from newbie to expert:
- At least Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology.
- As a newbie, you are passionate and knowledgeable about development, programming and automation, but your are willing to build vast knowledge of the technologies above.
- As an experienced candidate, you are familiar with 5 of the technologies above, and are willing to build knowledge on more.
- As an expert, you show profound experience in most of the technologies above and are willing to spread your knowledge, while also building further on your mastery.
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English, French and Dutch is a plus.
Your role and position will depend on your specific interests and level of expertise. We are constantly looking for the right individuals who fit our culture and who want to grow.
We offer you
- A competitive offer, with a range of flexible compensation and other benefits
- Challenging work with an eye on mastery
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative and supportive colleagues
- A progressive and agile way of working, in which new ideas are valued and conventions are challenged
Furthermore, you receive a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- The possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- Challenging projects and a steep learning curve
Our joint challenge is to redefine banking. Are you on board?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We are on a journey centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. We are empowering our customers to stay one step ahead in life and in business. Our customers know that, which makes us proud!