Feature Engineer ING BE Brussels
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
For the cross border IT-domain ‘Fraud & Cybersecurity’ Netherlands and Belgium, we are looking for an energetic Feature Engineer who is able to design complex solutions and guiding the implementation of these solutions.
As Tribe ‘Fraud & Cybersecurity’ we enable ING customers to do banking in a safe and easy way by being best in fighting fraud and cyber threats.
Within the tribe, our Product Area ‘Prevention’ provides the Digital Channel Security components for Authentication and Electronic Signatures. Both externally, for customers who access ING products and services via mobile and internet, and internally, for ING employee applications in Branches and Call Centers.
Your role & work environment
The feature engineer is a key player in the cooperation between IT and Business stakeholders. Your holistic view as well as your knowledge of both Business and IT are crucial in the translation of business requirements in a sequence that delivers customer value as early as possible. You define and align the roadmaps between squads and other parts of the organization. You thoroughly manage dependencies.
Your key responsibilities
- You will ensure that business epics are translated into working IT solutions. You play a key role in the breakdown of epics into features or stories that can be picked-up by the teams, in a sequence that delivers value as soon as possible.
- You contribute to the creation of the roadmap for the upcoming quarters as well as to the actual realization of it. You create transparency in the forecasted roadmap of the IT-delivery.
- You maintain your knowledge of the current and future state implementations and can define the steps towards the target landscape. With this you help ING to become the Next Generation Digital Bank.
- You organize the interaction with the delivery teams in and outside your domain. You align stakeholders within all levels of the ING organization, from senior managers to engineers and from product owners to internal ING users, all with the ING end-to-end customer journey in mind.
- You mobilize the squads and help them to resolve content related dependencies, so that they are ultimately able to achieve their goals more independently. This is done by coaching the teams, while being able to step in and take ownership where gaps emerge.
Your new work environment:
- Your work environment will be one of continuous technological innovation and international collaboration (differences in cultures and locations).
- You will work in an agile environment together with architects, customer journey experts, IT-managers, DevOps-engineers and business colleagues.
We look for
You have a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words:
- You strive to bring creative solutions to life and you embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment.
- You have the ability to make key changes in small steps. You are pro-active and take ownership as second nature.
- You are a team player who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. Close collaboration within and across the teams is of utmost importance for you.
- You are eager to learn. You will seize the many opportunities to extend your knowledge and your expertise about IT and banking systems in general, and cybersecurity in particular.
- Professional and intellectual ability at university level
- IT-related background (Bachelor degree or higher)
Skills and competences:
- Proven track record in IT environment (functional analysis, design & implementation)
- Proven track record in of organizing work/teams and analytical & problem solving skills
- Experience with agile way of working
- Experience in international collaboration (differences in cultures and context)
- Experience in a financial institution as IT professional
- Demonstrates mastery of the English language (speaking, writing)
- Demonstrates mastery in communication skills – able to explain concepts and plans in a simple, clear and straightforward manner
- Demonstrates co-creation skills (team player, workshop facilitation, guiding, constraining, selling – telling)
- Demonstrates “convincing people” skills based on facts and business cases
- Customer focus, Market focus
- Empathy and ability to think from somebody else’s point of view
- Out-of-the-box/innovative change-oriented attitude
- Resistance to stress
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
• Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
• An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
• A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
• Working in an international environment
• Access to online and class room trainings, conferences, etc.
• 30+ holidays to spend as you see fit
• Option to work from home
• Flexible reward plan with options like car lease, pension savings, extra holiday
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!