IT OPS Engineer Lending
As an Ops Engineer, you control the operational activities in the squad and actively contribute to the testing of applications / infrastructure services. As a Cobol developer you contribute to new functionalities and you maintain the existing system.
You are also responsible for providing support, resolving incidents and problems, documentation, change management, risk documentation and monitoring.
The following items are vital in this:
Cobol: minimum 2 years of working experience
Banking experience is certainly an added value for this job, but not a must.
Assertive personality with a critical eye, solution-oriented and a collaborative mentality.
Contribute to the new way of working
- You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
- Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
- You have an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and you also have functional knowledge of some analytics domain.
- You are able to get all typical and other backlog items (user stories) from 'to do' to 'done'.
- You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
- You test IT products (functional, performance, resilience and security tests) in line with the customer’s requirements and IT Area’ set of guidelines.
- You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control
- You analyze and solve incidents and problems.
- You perform Life Cycle Management(including decommissioning) for IT products under management.
Contribute to team and personal development
- You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
- As an experienced Ops Engineer, you coach less experienced colleagues to help their individual development.
- You gather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals.
As an Ops Engineer you will also need to:
- Be experienced in Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
- Be pro-active, assertive and a good communicator
- Have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English and Dutch
(knowledge of French is an asset)
- Have an understanding of network technologies and middleware
- Have an understanding of server technologies (OS, DB, Web, proxy)
- Have an understanding of scripting and reporting.
- Have understanding of at least one programming language(Cobol)