Chapter Lead Front End Dev Engineer – Assisted Channels
ING is looking for an IT Front End Dev Engineer Chapter Lead for Assisted Channels: Employee Application Platform IT Area. A Lead who will build and improve our assisted channels and make our employees experience a fantastic voyage. You will lead a team of front end engineers who work for multiple squads and with them you are responsible for finding ways to move fast in a synchronized manner ensuring a fantastic user experience using the latest ING front end technologies.
You Are An Ideal Candidate
As an IT Chapter Lead you are a seasoned senior engineer and you are seen by colleagues as a go-to person. You have not only a strong drive to constantly keep your own expertise up to speed, but also want to make an active contribution to the development and advancement of the people in your chapter and your field.
As an IT Chapter Lead, You can coach engineers on content and can also do it by rolling up your sleeves and getting into action. The people in your chapter are equally ambitious as you, and you like to transfer your expertise to them and feel satisfaction from coaching (both professionally as personally) less senior chapter members. As a senior engineer, You will be working in an international environment in different multidisciplinary squads.
Your key responsibilities
As a Chapter Lead
- Forty percent of the time, you focus on Coaching and Mastery of your chapter.
- Along with the IT Area Lead and your fellow IT Chapter Leads you will set the standards for software development in your area of expertise.
- You are a “doer”.
- You are responsible for the personal development of your chapter members. You do this with the help of your product owners, agile coaches and individual squad members
- You stimulate your chapter members to grow.
As a Dev Engineer,
- Sixty percent of your time, you work as a senior engineer. You use your seniority to maximize team performance.
- You control both the technical design phase and the actual development and testing of our applications.
- You understand the entire front end stack, so that you can bring applications into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with others.
- You are in constant dialogue with your tribe: you understand the goal of our business and work in a team of experts to find the most relevant solution for the customer’s needs.
- You also improve the quality of our stack and make it more optimal, Together with business colleagues, UX designers, visuals designers product owners.
The following items are vital in this:
- You build, enhance and maintain front end based applications, tooling and scripts.
- Hands-on experience with the design, development and test of front end based applications clearly is an asset in this respect. Knowledge of any other programming language will be highly appreciated. Willingness to learn other programming codes is indispensable.
- You apply continuous delivery practices as part of your daily work.
- You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
- You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control
- You perform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning).
Contribute to the new way of working
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to the Agile ceremonies in our Agile Way of Working model (stand-up, refinement, retrospective, marketplace…).
- Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the purpose, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
- You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
- You continuously develop your own expertise while gathering, updating and spreading knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
Skills and competences
- Be pro-active, assertive and a good communicator is a main skill
- A passion for IT
- To be a strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
- IT market focus: seeking for major trends in the new way of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to coach others
Experience and specialized knowledge
- You have very good knowledge and experience on following tools, languages: HTML5, ES6, WebComponents, LitElement, lit-html, CSS3, polymer, webpack, npm, bower, Mock servers, Rest APIs.
- You understand the UX design patterns and create front end patterns to ensure efficient front-end code.
- Knowledge on SPAs, Widgets, Asynchronous calls is needed to help making design choices.
- You are familiar with continuous integration and delivery (node, GitLab, Artifactory, Docker).
- You do testing as a habit, including Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), end-to-end testing and Test automation. Knowledge on karma, chai, sinon is an asset.
- You have an understanding of Service Now.
- You have knowledge on tools like Kibana, webtrekk.
- You believe in the principles of design for reusability and design for failure.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment.
Education and Professional certifications
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree or equivalent by experience
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English
We offer you
- Challenging projects & extensive learning options
- Personal coaching from Agile Coaches and expert team members
- 30+ holidays to spend as you see fit
- Flexible reward plan with options like car lease, pension savings, extra holidays
- Option to work from home