Insolvency Risk Expert
Permanent positions , Full-time, Brussels, Knowledge French, Dutch and English
Your role & work environment
ING Commercial Finance is part of ING Lease Belgium. ING ComFin offers factoring services to existing Midcorp and Corporate clients of ING Belgium and has realized an impressive growth over the past 10 years, reinventing itself several times to always stay ahead of market evolutions and client expectations.
In these challenging times, we notice that a fast-growing number of our clients opt for a credit insurance as a protection against insolvency of their debtors. For non-recourse factoring, our most successful product with Corporate clients, it is even indispensable.
That’s why we are looking for an Insolvency Risk Expert, who will have the challenging task to help our commercial team find the perfect credit insurance solution for their existing clients and prospects, as such enabling the further growth of our insured client portfolio.
Your key responsibilities
As an insolvency risk expert, you
- will support our commercial team by assessing the feasibility of a credit insurance for both their existing clients and prospects, by making a profound analysis of the debtor portfolio (probability of default calculations, credit limit requests, coverage simulations,…)
- will define the right price for the proposed insurance solution, always keeping the right balance between profitability and competitivity
- will receive, in accordance with the two previous tasks, specific volume and profitability targets with regard to the extension of our credit insured portfolio
- will – in case you wouldn’t have a sound experience in the credit insurance domain – do all what’s required (through internal and external training, self-study, on-the-job learning, webinars, network events, etc.) to reach a level of expertise in this domain allowing you to answer all related questions from your stakeholders: the commercial team, the operational teams responsible for credit limits, the client, ING Bank, our brokers,…
- will be the single point of contact for our re-insurer Euler-Hermes, meaning that you will manage the correct execution of our reinsurance policy (including the responsibility for turnover declarations, premium invoices, etc.) and participate in all operational meetings they organize (mostly quarterly)
- will – once fully introduced and at ease with your function – also be responsible for all policy negotiations with our re-insurer Euler-Hermes (including pricing negotiations, defining the maximum liability, determining first loss hurdles, etc.)
- will be responsible for all specific limit negotiations with our re-insurer Euler-Hermes in case an individual credit limit on one of our clients’ key accounts would be refused/insufficient/withdrawn
- take the lead when complex, structural and/or contractual insurance issues occur with our clients.
- will participate in any insurance related projects.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals.
- you are naturally interested in economics, global business trends and how different markets evolve
- you are interested in the (re)insurance domain
- you combine commercial flair and persuasiveness with a good sense of risk
- you are persistent when you do not immediately obtain what you aimed for
- you are not afraid to deep-dive into complex contractual documentation when required
- you are a good communicator, continuously keeping your peers up-to-date
- you are well organized, able to work independently and very strict on deadlines
You will also need:
- a master degree in economics/law or equal by experience
- a first experience in the (credit) insurance domain, or a very strong will to thoroughly invest yourself into that matter
- a very good knowledge of Dutch, French and English, as you will deal with a trilingual client portfolio, with contractual documentation mostly drafted in English
- any factoring experience would be a great asset
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- an informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- a progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within ING ComFin, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth.
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!