FCC WB/CB Compliance Risk Expert
Permanent positions , Full-time, Brussels, knowledge French or Dutch and English
Role & work environment
Financial Crime Compliance Wholesale Belgium (FCC Wholesale Banking) team within the compliance department is the second line of defence function supporting the wholesale segment in Belgium for the purpose of managing Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) risks.
The team of Wholesale Banking FCC specialists (advisors) is dedicated to support the wholesale business, including financial institutions in complying with FCC policies and regulations in line with the Compliance Risk Management Charter by performing horizon scans, maintaining the policy framework, supporting & challenging risk assessments, delivering advices, assuring training & awareness, tracking issues and escalating where and when needed. At the same time it looks for global alignment and uniformity in approach in order to contribute to efficient KYC-processes and a flawless client experience. The team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job.
You report hierarchically to the Head of the FCC Wholesale Team, who reports to the Head of Financial Crime Compliance, being the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Manager of ING Belgium.
The position is a key and expert channel for advice, training, translating (external) developments to the wholesale banking environment and correspondent banking (CB) domain for which ING Belgium is delivering banking services to ING Group as well as communicating and sharing of best practices. As an expert in the FCC domain and a point of reference for your colleagues, your main focus lies on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Economic and Financial Sanctions including Controls and Proliferation Financing which translates to the following (non-exhaustive) overview of activities, which you will execute autonomously:
- Maintaining expertise and in depth subject knowledge and understanding of good practice and procedures in the FCC domain (continuous development) in Wholesale banking;
- Point of contact/reference for the Wholesale Belgium and Wholesale MLRO/FCC community for all FCC questions related to correspondent banking;
Point of escalation and coordination for Wholesale Belgium and your team members (particular for Correspondent Banking cases):
Analysis, challenging and advice on customer due diligence escalations triggered by:
- new client Onboarding;
- client reviews (periodic, event driven) including transaction analysis;
Analysis, decisioning and follow through on FCC alert escalations triggered by:
- Pre transactions screening;
- Name screening (PEP);
- Negative News Screening.
- Advice on flagged corporate lending and trade finance transactions.
- Lead for transaction monitoring analyses, advices and investigations related to correspondent banking activities; align and work in close cooperation with FCC Governance & Controls in case any suspicious activity linked to the correspondent banking business need to be reported;
- Support the business, FCC Belgium and Corporate FCC function in maintaining the wholesale and correspondent banking FCC control framework by translating regulations and requirements to practical implementable policies, guidelines, instructions or solutions;
- versee and advice (partner) with our Belgian and global wholesale businesses FCC controls within the wholesale/correspondent banking domain by analysing and formulating advices on the compliance risks of products, processes or projects
- Implement to the Group FCC enhancement program, as applicable to Belgium. This includes notably, jointly with the WB MLRO team, the execution of the annual counterparty visit schedule for correspondent banking, as well as supervise all outsources functions related to the correspondent banking activity;
- Oversee and advice (partner) with our Belgium and global WB businesses on the embedding of the FCC controls within the WB domain;
- Assure in close cooperation with the wholesale business that all identified FCC risks are correctly registered in I-Risk and follow-up the correct closure of the mitigating actions. Pro-actively inform compliance management on the evolution of the FCC compliance risk management in your domain;
- In close collaboration with colleagues of other compliance teams, promote/enhance the knowledge and awareness with regards to FCC within the organisation by a.o. liaising with 1st line of defence (senior) management and contribute to the drafting and/or implementation of the annual compliance training plan;
- Represent the FCC Wholesale Banking team in programs, internal and external workgroups by coordinating, providing input, defending his/ her position, challenging the discussions and communicating the output to the members of the team;
- Identify key areas for improvement and provide support and guidance to implement good practice;
- Drive the implementation of automated process, robotics or data analytics techniques in order to maintain the efficiency of the FCC wholesale compliance related processes and tools;
- Support the head of FCC Wholesale Banking in providing clear and convincing compliance risk management reporting (a.o. on correspondent banking) in all its forms, and in proposing and/or rolling out changes and improvements;
- Align the activities and seek for uniformity in approach of the WB MLRO/FCC community with the global functions;
- Be a support and coach for his/ her colleagues and helps them in their challenge an decision making;
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a FCC WB/CB Compliance Risk Expert you will also need:
- A master degree in Law, Economics or equivalent in experience;
- More than 10 years’ work experience in a control (compliance, financial control, audit, …) in a wholesale and correspondent banking world or equivalent. A couple of years’ experience as compliance officer is a plus;
- Advanced knowledge on the industry trends and ever changing FCC compliance regulations & procedures;
- Advanced specialised course in FCC or proven experience in a top-tier bank whose control framework has been thoroughly scrutinised is a plus;
- Strong in written and spoken English; French and/or Dutch are beneficial;
- Good analytical skills, interest for data (analysis) and the way to process them, as well as a keen eye for detail;
- Very good knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, knowledge of other software application is a plus;
- Able to use different communication styles fitting with the need of the (internal) customer, both verbally and written;
- Good skill set in the areas of personal effectiveness (i.e. autonomy, team spirit, courage and self-confidence, problem solving & result oriented by delivering as promised, “hands-on”, good written and oral communication, capable to work in changing circumstances, customer focus and investigative & learning ability).