SAS Dev... ... Your role & work... You are an energetic Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross...
SAS Dev Engineer
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop, test and deliver applications and/or infrastructure services in the scope of your squad. When necessary, you will also contribute to applications maintenance, administering them and eventually decommissioning them.
As a Dev Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
As a Dev Engineer, you control both the design phase and the actual development and testing of applications / infrastructure services. You understand the entire stack, so that you can bring applications or infrastructure services into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the Ops Engineer. This means you can contribute to completion of all activities in the backlog. The following items are vital in this:
Contribute to the new way of working
• You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
• You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
• Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
• You have an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and you also have functional knowledge of some Banking Business domains.
• You are able to get all typical and other backlog items (user stories) from 'to do' to 'done'.
• You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
• You design, build and test IT products (functional, performance, resilience and security tests) in line with the customer’s requirements and IT Area’ set of guidelines
• You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control
• You perform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning) for IT products under management.
• You apply continuous delivery practices:
• Manage all resources in version-controlled repositories (incl., code, scripts, configurations, artefacts, static resources)
• Refactor and reuse existing code/modules/functionality
• Write fully automated tests (e.g., unit-, functional-, non-functional- and integration testing)
• Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive or error prone tasks
• Develop micro services and APIs
Contribute to team and personal development
• You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
• As an experienced Dev Engineer, you coach less experienced colleagues to help their individual development.
• You are responsible for developing your own expertise.
• You gather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Dev Engineer you will also need:
Skills and competences
• Passion for IT
• Strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
• IT market focus: seeking for major trends in the new way of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
• Problem solving skills to structure and improve complex situations
• End-to-end ownership mindset: Independent and autonomous in completing tasks, taking responsibilities whenever needed as always striving for consumer value
• Continuous improvement mindset
• Eager to learn and ability to coach others
Experience and specialised knowledge
Nice to Haves
Education and Professional certifications
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree or equivalent by experience
• Good written and spoken knowledge of English
• Certifications and/or proven proficiency in software development and infra stack building
• Certifications and/or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
Sélectionnez le secteur qui vous intéresse ci-dessous et n'oubliez pas votre adresse email!
Souhaitez-vous postuler en un clic et être averti(e) de nos dernières offres correspondant à vos critères ? Connectez vous en tant qu'étudiant!Inscription gratuite