iOS Dev Engineer
Full time, Brussels
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic iOS Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
As a Dev Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing one Mobile squad's mission within the Digital Business Banking tribe. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
- You design, build and test IT products (functional, performance, resilience and security tests) in line with the customer’s requirements and IT Area’ set of guidelines
- You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control
You apply continuous delivery practices:
- Manage all resources in version-controlled repositories (incl., code, scripts, configurations, artefacts, static resources)
- Refactor and reuse existing code/modules/functionality
- Write fully automated tests (e.g., unit-, functional-, non-functional- and integration testing)
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive or error prone tasks
- Develop services and APIs
Contribute to the new way of working
- You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
- Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
Contribute to team and personal development
- You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
- As an experienced Dev Engineer, you coach less experienced colleagues to help their individual development.
- You are responsible for developing your own expertise.
We look for
We are looking for an iOS Senior Engineer who possesses breadth and depth, leadership and strategic thought. This person must have advanced knowledge of the iOS platform to architect and create secure phone and tablet banking applications. Must have expert knowledge in writing reusable libraries. You will be working with other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
As a Dev Engineer you will also need:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in IT
- 5 years’ work experience
- Strong knowledge of Objective-C, Swift and iOS development tools
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles, interface guidelines and best practices
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of the open-source iOS ecosystem and the libraries
- Premier coding, architecture, and organizational skills
- Experience with deployment (Appstore, TestFlight, Enterprise Apps) is an asset
- Experience with Push Notifications, Apple Watch, Extensions,… is an asset.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and Unit tests
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Excellent time management skills demonstrated by the ability to execute on multiple projects while working on a tight deadline
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology (sprints, daily meeting, estimation meeting and retrospective meeting)
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of iOS development
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Digital Business Banking tribe, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- The possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- Challenging projects & a steep learning curve
- Personal coaching from Agile Coaches