Non Financial Risk Officer (Safe Business Officer)
Job Level 18
Are you looking for…
An exciting and polyvalent risk function in the business ?
Your role & work environment
You are part of the CoE Safe Business & Regulatory Affairs aiming to enable the business to be in control and make it transparent to the regulators and the external worlds. Contribute to the integrity of ING products, services and employees and compliance of ING towards the outside world.
You become the trusted safe business advisor for the Investments and Insurance area. You foster “Safe business” awareness to ensure that risks of the underlying departments are under control. This entails that you guide the business in managing proactively the full risk process from identification to mitigation. You help them to keep the number of non-financial risk items within the defined limits.
You join a team of SBOs implementing the agile way of working in their daily activities.
Your key responsibilities
For Business Safe Business Officer you will need to:
- create and maintain risk awareness by assessing the need for specific 1st line training to employees; foster a risk culture
- identify risk items in collaboration with stakeholders, based upon business knowledge of the end-to-end business processes ; provide evidence, document the risks and report; be actively involved in discussions with regards to e.g. risk acceptance and actions how to mitigate the risk items
- be the gatekeeper for the approval process of new & modified products & processes (PARP)
- provide analysis (Gap analysis, scenario analysis, major incident – Impact analysis)
- advise and assist with the implementation of new and updated non-financial risk policies, procedures and measures
- provide monthly progress report on implementation of actions, closure of risk item (incl challenging and validation of evidences, technical closure in iRisk), CAS items 2LOD consulted for actions, execute follow-up on registration and execution
- follow-up on risk activities of the area you will be appointed to and ensure your presence in the key meetings of the departments to be informed at all times on business key activities. Is able to quickly adapt to several environments and stakeholders.
- monitor the quality of the Enterprise Risk Management framework: by identifying key risks, performing and evidencing key control testing to eliminate the risk of financial losses or reputational damage
- regularly evaluate the efficiency of our control processes in order to implement mechanisms that balance risk exposure and cost of control.
- provide adequate advice to adhoc requests from stakeholders across the organization
We are looking for
- Master level or equivalent by experience
- Experience of minimum 3 to 5 years in banking or risk management
- Good knowledge of English (oral and written)
- Good knowledge of non-financial risk frameworks
- Good analytical & organization skills
- Solution-driven : be a role model in developing and implementing efficient solutions
- Impactful communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Good stakeholder management at all levels of the organization
- Be a driving-force in the team, and able to work individually, both in day to day activity and in change environment
We offer you
Within the Centre of Expertise Safe Business & Regulatory Affairs, we have a clear purpose and a unique offer:
- We offer diverse work with many opportunities to realise your ambitions
- We foster the orange behaviour “help others to be successful”; we create an informal and dynamic environment
- We encourage personal growth and give you the possibility to develop your skills; we build an knowledge sharing culture and ensure to strengthen the expertise of the team
- We catalyse our people’s talents and help them shine