Tesla Service Managers are the leaders of our service teams. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional service experience to our customers, developing team members, managing day-to-day operations, and preparing Tesla Service to meet the needs of our Model 3 customers. We hire leaders who want to run a service business and be a part of a revolutionary and unprecedented part of history here at Tesla, as we transform the way we view Service.
Our Service Managers must deliver excellent results and achieve goals quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials.
Customer focused: Our customers are changing the world, and it is your responsibility to exceed their expectations of what a service experience should be. We expect you to exude energy and enthusiasm not only by going above and beyond for our existing customers, but also when engaging with new customers. You will actively monitor customer service trends to make necessary improvements, and assist the team in developing appropriate standards and processes to continuously elevate the overall service experience. The ideal candidate is solution oriented, demonstrating a high ability to identify root cause of problems and develop solutions when faced with adversity.
People: Our Service Managers are people developers, thus should possess the ability to inspire! We expect you to be 100% committed to the success of your team, and actively involve yourself in your team members’ growth and development. Your team will look to you to set the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment. We will look to you, and your ability to coach and teach, to build a team of top talent and mentor the next generation of Tesla leaders. Our Service Managers are the coaches of their teams – you must provide regular coaching and feedback, and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities. You will be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every day.
Operational excellence: As a Service Manager, you must understand and own every aspect of your service center’s performance. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service by partnering with operations teams on strategic execution. We expect you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence in all of your actions and decisions.
Financials: Service Managers are expected to understand our business, know their numbers and lead the center’s daily operations to achieve specific goals in quality, productivity, output, cost as well as revenue / margin where applicable.
Our Service Managers act in the best interest of Tesla by demonstrating sound judgment. You must have a passion for our mission, our people, and our customers.
Technical acumen is required – you must develop a knowledge of all Tesla products, as well as Service systems, processes, and procedures.
Attitude and approach is everything. You must:
- Be a leader and a team-player.
- Take ownership, and create a culture of accountability
- Love to change the status quo and work well in high-pressure situations. Exceptional prioritization and time management skills are essential for success.
- Be strategic and proactive. You must think and plan ahead to give your team the tools they need to be successful.
- Be self-aware, flexible and open-minded.
- Possess a rare combination of mental agility, analytical thinking, hands-on problem solving, and a customer-service mindset.
- Be an advocate for your customers and your team. Your success depends on theirs.
- Be authentic, be real!
- Educational experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Professional experience: Prior leadership experience in a service-focused industry. Automotive expertise is not required.
- Leadership experience: Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities.
- Process / operations experience: strong and proven experience leading field, technical repair or manufacturing teams in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment with strong customer facing responsibilities. Experience running complex processes using Lean or other techniques.